*3 Anti-rattle Spring
(2) Remove the 2 front disc brake anti-rattle with hole pins from
the disc brake cylinder assembly.
(3) Remove the anti-rattle spring from the front disc brake pad.
The anti-rattle spring can be used again if it has sufficient
rebound; no deformation, cracks or wear; and has had all rust,
dirt and foreign matter cleaned off.
4. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD KIT
a) Remove the 2 front disc brake pads with front anti squeal shim from the disc brake cylinder assembly.
5. REMOVE FRONT ANTI SQUEAL SHIM KIT
(a) Remove the 2 front anti squeal shims from each of the front disc brake pads.
6. REMOVE DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSEMBLY
(a) Using a union nut wrench 10 mm, separate the brake tube from the disc brake cylinder assembly.
Use a container to collect the brake fluid as it drains out.
(b) Remove the 2 bolts and the disc brake cylinder assembly.
7. INSPECT DISC THICKNESS
(a) Using a micrometer, measure the disc thickness.
28.0 mm (1.10 in.)
26.0 mm (1.03 in.)
If the disc thickness is less than the minimum, replace the front