ITEM NAME RANGE JUDGMENT DESCRIPTION TROUBLE AREA
between ECM and skid
control ECU (brake
Output in Master
Evaluate the master
sensor zero point
Check that the
sensitivity of the
pressure sensor is
Open circuit or short in
master cylinder pressure
Open or short in stop
light switch assembly
circuit or defective
Stop light switch
assembly stuck OFF
3. ACTIVATE TEST MODE (SIGNAL CHECK) (When Using SST Check Wire)
VSC does not operate in Test Mode (signal check), regardless of whether the sensor check is normal or
When a malfunction occurs in an ABS system sensor, the ABS warning light illuminates.
When a malfunction occurs in a VSC system sensor, the slip indicator light illuminates.
(a) Procedure to enter Test Mode (signal check).
(1) Turn the ignition switch to ON.
(2) for Manual Transmission:
Check that the shift lever is in neutral and apply the parking brake.
for Automatic Transmission:
Check that the shift lever is in P and apply the parking brake.
(3) Put the steering wheel in the neutral position.
(4) Turn the ignition switch off.
(5) Using SST, connect terminals 12 (TS) and 4 (CG) of the
Text in Illustration
*a Front view of DLC3
(6) Turn the ignition switch to ON.
(7) Check that the ABS warning and slip indicator lights come on for several seconds and then blink in Test
Mode (signal check).
If the ABS warning and slip indicator lights do not blink, inspect the TS and CG terminal circuit and ABS
warning and slip indicator light circuits.