work, turn the ignition switch off to clear the DTC.
If a part is still malfunctioning even after the DTC is cleared, the DTC will be stored again.
5. CHASSIS DYNAMOMETER PRECAUTION
When testing with a drum tester such as a speedometer tester, combination tester for the speedometer and
brakes, or chassis dynamometer, or when jacking up the front wheels and turning the wheels, perform the
following procedure to enter Inspection Mode and disable the TRAC and VSC systems.
ecure the vehicle with lock chains for safety.
If Inspection Mode is not used, the vehicle may unexpectedly move off the dynamometer because of TRAC
and VSC operation.
The VSC OFF switch must not be used to disable TRAC and VSC operation when the vehicle is to be
operated on a dynamometer. Pressing the VSC OFF switch does not disable TRAC and VSC operation
(a) Activating Inspection Mode (When Using the Techstream)
(1) Ensure that the ignition switch is off and the engine is stopped.
(2) Connect the Techstream to the DLC3.
(3) Turn the ignition switch to ON.
(4) Turn the Techstream on.
(5) Enter the following menus: Chassis / ABS/VSC/TRAC / Utility / Inspection Mode.
(6) Check that the TRAC OFF and VSC OFF indicator lights come on.
f the TRAC OFF and VSC OFF indicator lights in the combination meter do not come on, repeat the steps
Using the Techstream to cancel Inspection Mode causes the system to enter normal mode.
(b) Activating Inspection Mode (By Manual Operation)
Perform steps "C" to "G" within 30 seconds.
(1) Ensure that the ignition switch is off and the engine is stopped (Step "A").
(2) Release the parking brake (Step "B").
(3) With the brake pedal depressed, start the engine (Step "C").
(4) While holding the brake pedal down, apply the parking brake (Step "D").
(5) With the parking brake applied, release and depress the brake pedal twice (Step "E").
(6) While holding the brake pedal down, release and apply the parking brake twice (Step "F").
(7) With the parking brake applied, release and depress the brake pedal twice (Step "G").
(8) Check that the TRAC OFF and VSC OFF indicator lights come on (Step "H").
urn the ignition switch off when 60 seconds or more have elapsed since inspection mode was entered. If
the ignition switch is turned off before 60 seconds or more elapse, inspection mode continues when the
ignition switch is turned ON.