Last Modified: 11-13-2015 6.6 G Doc ID: RM00000172300AX
Model Year Start: 2016 Model: Tacoma Prod Date Range: [08/2015 - ]
Title: BRAKE: BRAKE BOOSTER: ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION; 2016 MY Tacoma [08/2015 - ]
1. CHECK BRAKE BOOSTER ASSEMBLY
(a) Airtightness check.
Text in Illustration
(1) Start the engine and stop it after 1 or 2 minutes. Slowly
depress the brake pedal several times. If the pedal can be
depressed to the floor the first time, but cannot be
depressed to the floor the second and third time, the booster
(2) Depress the brake pedal while the engine is running and stop
the engine with the brake pedal depressed. If there is no
change in the pedal reserve distance while holding the pedal
for 30 seconds, the booster is airtight.
(b) Operation check.
(1) Depress the brake pedal several times with the ignition
switch off and check that there is no change in the pedal
reserve distance when the pedal is depressed.
(2) Depress and hold down the pedal, and then start the engine.
If the pedal goes down slightly, the operation is normal.