Last Modified: 11-13-2015 6.6 A Doc ID: RM000000V5001TX
Model Year Start: 2016 Model: Tacoma Prod Date Range: [08/2015 - ]
Title: BRAKE CONTROL: BRAKE ACTUATOR: REMOVAL; 2016 MY Tacoma [08/2015 - ]
After turning the ignition switch off, waiting time may be required before disconnecting the cable from the
negative (-) battery terminal. Therefore, make sure to read the disconnecting the cable from the negative
(-) battery terminal notices before proceeding with work .
2. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
3. DRAIN BRAKE FLUID
Immediately wash off any brake fluid that comes into contact with any painted surfaces.
4. REMOVE AIR CLEANER CAP SUB-ASSEMBLY (for 2TR-FE)
5. REMOVE AIR CLEANER FILTER ELEMENT SUB-ASSEMBLY (for 2TR-FE)
6. REMOVE AIR CLEANER CASE SUB-ASSEMBLY (for 2TR-FE)
7. REMOVE BRAKE ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY
(a) Release the connector lock lever.
(b) Disconnect the brake actuator connector.
(c) Using a union nut wrench, separate the 6 brake tubes from the