AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2007 ATSGCopyright © 2007 ATSG
VALVE/SOLENOID BODY ASSEMBLY (CONT'D)
Continued on Page 85
18. Install the seven (7) checkballs in their proper
locations in the upper valve body, as shown in
19. Install the valve body locating dowels in the
upper valve body, as shown in Figure 141.
20. Install a new spacer plate and gasket assembly
over locating dowels, as shown in Figure 143.
Note: GM recommends the spacer plate be
replaced on all rebuilds because of gaskets
being bonded to spacer plate.
21. Install the lower valve body over the locating
dowels and on top of the spacer plate, as shown
in Figure 143.
Figure 142 Figure 143
301 VALVE BODY BOLT M5 X 36MM (12 REQUIRED)
304 UPPER VALVE BODY ASSEMBLY
305 VALVE BODY SPACER PLATE ASSEMBLY (WITH GASKETS)
306 VALVE BODY CHECKBALLS (7 REQUIRED)
307 LOWER VALVE BODY ASSEMBLY
22. Turn the complete assembly over and install 12
valve body bolts, 36mm in length, in locations
shown in Figure 144.
VALVE BODY CHECKBALL LOCATIONS