AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
COMPLETED REAR PLANETARY CARRIER
494 RETAINING SNAP RING (2 REQUIRED)
496 OUTPUT CARRIER INTERNAL RING GEAR SPACER
497 OUTPUT CARRIER REAR INTERNAL RING GEAR
498 OUTPUT SHAFT BUSHING
499 OUTPUT SHAFT ASSEMBLY (MODEL SENSITIVE)
Copyright © 2007 ATSGCopyright © 2007 ATSG
REAR CARRIER AND OUTPUT SHAFT (CONT'D)
13. Set completed rear planetary carrier assemby
aside for now (See Figure 128).
14. Install a new bushing into the output shaft, as
necessary using the proper bushing driver, as
shown in Figure 129.
15. Install the output carrier rear internal ring gear
with the step side facing down, as shown in
Note: This is the thickest of the two internal
16. Install the output carrier internal ring gear
spacer, as shown in Figure 129.
17. Install the output carrier internal ring gear snap
ring, as shown in Figure 129, and ensure that
it is fully seated.
Continued on Page 78
Figure 128 Figure 129