AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2007 ATSGCopyright © 2007 ATSG
Copyright © 2007 ATSG
J-8092 DRIVER HANDLE
DT47866 BEARING INSTALLER
J-45124 REMOVAL BRIDGE
DT-47865 BEARING REMOVER
1-2-3-4 AND 3-5 REVERSE HOUSING
1. Disassemble the 1-2-3-4 and 3-5 reverse clutch
housing using Figure 87 and 88 as a guide.
2. Remove and discard all rubber piston seals and
"O" rings (See Figure 87 and 88).
3. Clean all 1-2-3-4 and 3-5 reverse clutch parts
thoroughly and dry with compressed air.
4. Inspect all 1-2-3-4 and 3-5 reverse clutch parts
for any wear and/or damage.
5. Remove and discard the caged roller bearing
with the puller shown in Figure 89.
Note: General Motors recommends this
bearing be replaced on all rebuilds because
of the incorporated lip seal (See Figure 90).
6. Install a new caged roller bearing, as shown in
Figure 90, with seal side facing up.
7. Install new bushing as necessary using proper
bushing driver, as shown in Figure 91.
Continued on Page 57