219 OIL PUMP COVER ASSEMBLY
220 CONVERTER FEED LIMIT VALVE
221 CONVERTER FEED LIMIT VALVE SPRING
222 VALVE SPRING RETAINER (2)
223 PRESSURE RELIEF BALL SPRING RETAINING PIN
224 PRESSURE RELIEF BALL SPRING
225 PRESSURE RELIEF BALL
226 TCC CONTROL VALVE SPRING
227 TCC CONTROL VALVE
232 PUMP COVER TO CONVERTER HOUSING LOCATOR DOWEL
233 PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE
234 PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE OUTER SPRING
235 PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE INNER SPRING
236 ISOLATOR VALVE
237 ISOLATOR VALVE SLEEVE
238 OIL FILTER SEAL
OIL PUMP COVER EXPLODED VIEW
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2007 ATSG
OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY (CONT'D)
7. Remove the oil pump cover thrust washer.
8. Remove and discard the three sealing rings
from the oil pump cover.
9. Disassemble the pump cover assembly using
Figure 62 as a guide.
10. Lay each valve line-up out in order as you
remove them from the oil pump cover.
11. Inspect each valve, valve spring and retainer
for any wear and/or damage.
12. Clean all oil pump cover parts thoroughly and
dry with compressed air.
13. Install each valve train back into their bores
exactly as shown in Figure 62.
Note: Lubricate each valve train with a small
amount of transmission fluid.
14. Be sure to install the locating dowel, as shown
in Figure 62, if you removed it.
15. Install the oil pump cover thrust washer, as
shown in Figure 63, and ensure it is fully
seated in the thrust washer tab bores.
16. Install three new "lap joint" sealing rings, as
shown in Figure 63.
17. Lubricate sealing rings and thrust washer with
a small amount of transmission fluid, and set
pump cover assembly aside for now.
Note: Filter seal can be installed now, or wait
until the pump cover has been installed onto
the converter housing.
Continued on Page 44