Copyright © 2007 ATSG
MANUAL SHAFT SEAL
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
TRANSMISSION CASE ASSEMBLY
3. Remove the manual shaft from the case using
Figure 53 as a guide, as the roll pins must be
4. Remove and discard the manual shaft seal, as
shown in Figure 55.
Note: The special tool for the cooler line seal
removal can also be used on the manual shaft
seal for removal (See Figure 54).
5. Install a new manual shaft seal using the proper
installation tool, as shown in Figure 55, and
ensure that it is fully seated in the bore.
6. Reinstall the manual shaft and the roll pins,
using Figure 53 as a guide.
1. Clean the transmission case thoroughly and dry
with compressed air.
2. Inspect the transmission case thoroughly for
any wear or damage in the following areas:
Front Case Sealing surfaces
Center Support Passage Seal Bores
Oil Pan Gasket Sealing Surface
Rear Case Plugs In Place
Rear Case Bushing
Fill Tube Bore
Electrical Connector Sleeve Bore
All Threaded Holes
Continued on Page 40