AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2007 ATSGCopyright © 2007 ATSG
OUTPUT SHAFT AND
REAR CASE SEAL
REAR CASE BUSHING
OUTPUT SHAFT TO
CASE THRUST BEARING
INTERNAL PARTS (CONT'D)
14. Remove the output carrier and output shaft
assembly using the DT-47786 lifting tool, as
shown in Figure 51.
15. Ensure the lifting tool is fully threaded into
the output shaft assembly. Due to the weight
of the assembly, incomplete threading may
cause the assembly to break free from lifting
tool, causing component damage or bodily
16. Set output carrier and output shaft assembly
aside for the component rebuild section.
17. Remove and discard the rear case seal, as
shown in Figure 52.
18. Use care so as not to damage the case or the
rear case bushing.
Continued on Page 39
Figure 51 Figure 52