AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2002 ATSGCopyright © 2002 ATSG
AND CAGE ASSEMBLY
"WINDOWS" TO LEFT
457 INPUT SUN GEAR SHAFT ASSEMBLY
458 FORWARD SPRAG OUTER RACE THRUST WASHER
460 FORWARD SPRAG END BEARING (2)
Figure 100 Figure 101
FORWARD SPRAG ASSEMBLY
1. Dis-assemble the forward sprag assembly using
Figure 99 as a guide.
2. Clean all forward sprag parts thoroughly and
dry with compressed air.
3. Inspect all forward sprag parts thoroughly for
any wear and/or damage. Replace as necessary.
4. Stand sun gear shaft up on the hub as shown in
Figure 100, on a flat work surface.
5. Install thrust washer (458) on sun gear hub and
shaft, as shown in Figure 100.
6. Install one forward sprag end bearing on sun
gear hub and shaft, as shown in Figure 100.
7. Install the forward sprag cage assembly into
the outer race exactly as shown in Figure 101,
with the "windows" to the left, and ensure that
the outer race is arranged as shown. Refer to
Continued on Page 68