AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
INTERNAL COMPONENTS (CONT'D)
TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY (CONT'D)
20. Install the pre-assembled forward/coast clutch
housing and reverse clutch housing as assembly
as shown in Figure 188, by rotating back and
forth to engage the three sets of clutches.
21. Install the "H" gage on top surface of the case,
as shown in Figure 189, loosen adjusting knob
and allow gage rod to rest on washer surface
of reverse clutch housing (See Figure 189).
22. Remove "H" gage from case, turn it over and
install on surface of converter housing as it is
shown in Figure 190.
23. Measure with feeler gage between the gage rod
and the current "Selective" thrust washer being
used, as shown in Figure 190.
24. Front end clearance should be:
0.76 - 1.02 mm (.030" - .040"). Change the
selective thrust washer as necessary to achieve
the proper front end clearance.
25. Refer to chart in Figure 190 for the different
thickness thrust washers that are available.
Copyright © 2002 ATSG Copyright © 2002 ATSG
Forward And Reverse Drums
Installed As Assembly
Figure 188 Figure 189
Continued on Page 115