AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Figure 61 Figure 62
OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY (Cont'd)
11. Install a new converter seal into the oil pump
cover using the proper seal driver, as shown in
12. Install a new "D" ring seal into outer groove of
the oil pump cover, as shown in Figure 61.
13. Lubricate both seals and bushing with a small
amount of Trans-Jel®.
14. Place pump body and stator shaft assembly on
bench with shaft facing up (See Figure 62).
Note: Ensure that the "O" ring seal is still in
place on the relief valve (See Figure 62).
15. Install oil pump spacer plate and pump cover
onto pump body, as shown in Figure 62.
Copyright © 2004 ATSGCopyright © 2004 ATSG
Ensure "O" Ring
Is In Place On
Continued on Page 42