rF o d
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
INTERNAL COMPONENTS (Cont'd)
Continued on Page 35
GEAR AND HUB
INPUT SUN SHELL
AND SUN GEAR
Copyright © 2004 ATSGCopyright © 2004 ATSG
45. Remove forward ring gear and hub assembly
along with the forward clutch (No. 6B) thrust
washer, as shown in Figure 45.
46. Remove and tag for I.D. the forward planet
(No. 7) thrust bearing (See Figure 45).
Note: Bearing may come out with the forward
ring gear and hub assembly.
47. Remove the forward planetary carrier assembly
as shown in Figure 45, and set aside for the
component rebuild section.
48. Remove the input sun gear and shell assembly,
as shown in Figure 46.
49. Remove the low/reverse bearing spacer from
transmission case, as shown in Figure 46.
50. Remove and tag for I.D. the rear planetary
thrust bearing (No. 8), as shown in Figure 47.
51. Remove the rear planetary retaining snap ring
from reverse drum, as shown in Figure 47.