AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2001 ATSG
EXTENSION HOUSING AND PARKING PAWL
1. Inspect the extension housing caged needle
bearing for any wear and/or damage.
2. Replace caged needle bearing as necessary,
using the appropriate puller and installer. Refer
to Figure 134 as a guide.
3. Install a new extension housing yoke seal, as
shown in Figure 134, using the appropriate
4. Turn the extension housing over to install the
parking pawl components (See Figure 135).
5. Install the parking pawl return spring onto the
extension housing, with the leg of the return
spring in front of housing shoulder, as shown
in Figure 136.
6. Install the parking pawl pivot pin through the
center of return spring, as shown in Figure 137.
7. Install the parking pawl over the pivot pin and
hook the return spring on the parking pawl, as
shown in Figure 138.
8. Set the completed extension housing aside for
the final assembly process.