AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
1. Disassemble the intermediate clutch assembly
using illustrations in Figure 112 as a guide.
2. Inspect all intermediate clutch parts thoroughly
for any wear and/or damage.
3. Clean all intermediate clutch parts thoroughly
and dry with compressed air.
4. Inspect intermediate clutch molded piston and
replace as necessary.
5. Note that the intermediate clutch plates are the
single sided design, as shown in Figure 112.
Note: These plates have a special "off-set"
machining on the teeth, so that they will not
assemble in transmission if installed wrong.
Continued on Page 70
Copyright © 2001 ATSG
INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY EXPLODED VIEW
1. INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH HOUSING.
2. INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH "INSIDE SPLINE" SINGLE SIDED PLATES.
3. INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH "OUTSIDE SPLINE" SINGLE SIDED PLATES.
4. INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH PISTON RETURN BELLVILLE SPRING.
5. INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH MOLDED PISTON.
6. INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH PISTON RETAINER.