AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2001 ATSG
CARRIER TO CENTER SHAFT
CENTER SHAFT TO
RING GEAR SNAP RING
OVERDRIVE CARRIER AND SPRAG ASSEMBLY
1. Disassemble the overdrive carrier from center
shaft using Figure 70 as a guide.
2. Inspect all of the overdrive carrier parts shown
in Figure 70 for any wear and/or damage.
3. Clean all overdrive carrier parts thoroughly and
dry with compressed air.
4. Install the overdrive sprag assembly into the
overdrive center shaft, in the direction shown
in Figure 71, until fully seated.
5. Install thrust bearing onto overdrive carrier, as
shown in Figure 72, and retain with a small
amount of Trans-Jel®.
6. Install completed overdrive center shaft onto
the overdrive carrier by rotating shaft counter
clockwise as you install (See Figure 72).
OVERDRIVE CARRIER/SPRAG EXPLODED VIEW
Continued on Page 52