AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY (Cont'd)
5. Install selective thrust washer that came with
the unit and retain with Trans-Jel®, as shown
in Figure 55.
6. Install the two overrun clutch seal rings into
their grooves and insure that the scarf cuts are
assembled properly (See Figure 55).
7. Install a new "O" ring on the inside diameter of
the inner pump gear and ensure that it is fully
seated in the groove (See Figure 57). Lube
with a small amount of Trans-Jel®.
8. Dip the pump gears into transmission fluid and
install them with the "Dots" facing down, as
shown in Figure 57.
Caution: The pump gears must be installed
with the "Dots" facing down (See Figure 56).
9. Install a new "Butt-Cut" seal ring in the groove
in the stator shaft, as shown in Figure 57.
10. Install the line pressure relief valve and "O-ring"
into the cavity in the pump, as shown in Figure 57.
Copyright © 2001 ATSGCopyright © 2001 ATSG
GEAR "O" RING
Pump Gears Go Into Pump Body
With "Dots" Facing Down
Continued on Page 44