AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2004 ATSG
FORWARD CLUTCH HOUSING
FORWARD CLUTCH HOUSING DIFFERENCES
FORWARD CLUTCH STEEL PLATES
FORWARD CLUTCH FRICTION PLATES
1. Disassemble the forward clutch housing using
Figure 117 as a guide.
2. Inspect all forward clutch parts thoroughly for
any wear and/or damage.
3. Clean all forward clutch parts thoroughly and
dry with compressed air.
NOTICE: At start of production for 2005 models,
Ford Motor Co. increased the diameter of the
forward planetary carrier, increased pinion height,
and larger pinion pins for increased durability.
This required changes in the forward clutch
housing components and are as follows.
1. Increased inside and pilot diameters of the
forward clutch steel plates, as shown in
2. Increased inside and outside diameters of the
forward clutch friction plates, as shown in
Figure 119, which changes the tooth count.
Forward Clutch Housing Differences
Continued on Page 76
Continued on Page 77