AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2004 ATSG
TCC, SSPC-B, SSPC-C, SSPC-E
"Directly" Proportional Solenoids
(1 Amp = Maximum Pressure)
PC-A, SSPC-A, SSPC-D
"Inversely" Proportional Solenoids
(0 Amp = Maximum Pressure)
Rear View Rear ViewFront View Front View
SOLENOID BODY ASSEMBLY
3. Disassemble the solenoid body assembly, as
shown in Figure 74.
4. If it becomes necessary to replace the internal
wire harness and/or the entire solenoid body on
a 5R110W Torqshift transmission, please be
aware of the following:
A. You may have to install a new Ford service
harness, without switch connectors, into a unit
that has pressure switches.
B. You may have to install a new Ford service
solenoid body, without pressure switches into
a unit that has the original harness with switch
connectors (See Figure 74 for locations).
7. Install the solenoids in their proper locations
exactly as shown in Figure 74.
Note: Solenoids can be tested for the proper
resistance using the chart in Figure 16.
8. Install the retaining "E" clip on each one of the
solenoids, as shown in Figure 74.
9. Install new seals on each pressure switch to
ensure no leakage, even if there are no wire
connectors on the harness (See Figure 76).
10. Install the internal wire harness through the
hole in the solenoid body and lock into place
with a twisting motion (See Figure 77).
11. Install each of the connectors in their proper
locations and ensure they are fully seated and
locked (See Figure 77).
12. Install the manual shift valve in the direction
shown in Figure 74.
13. Install new "O" ring seal in upper most groove
of the internal wire harness case connector, as
shown in Figure 78, and lubricate with a small
amount of Trans-Jel®.
Continued on Page 54
Note: These are both acceptable repairs and
will not affect the function or operation of the
transmission. Use of the pressure switch input
was dropped from the vehicle calibration before
the 2003 model year went into production.
5. Clean all solenoid body parts thoroughly with
cleaning solution and dry with compressed air.
6. Notice that the solenoids have locating tabs
that are in different locations, to prevent you
from installing them in the wrong locations.
Refer to Figure 74 and 75 for identification of
the different solenoids.