AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
1. Inspect all case parts thoroughly for any wear
and/or damage. Repair or replace as necessary.
2. Clean all case parts thoroughly and dry with
3. Remove and discard the case linkage seal.
4. Using the proper seal driver, install a new case
linkage seal, and lubricate with a small amount
5. Install two new scarf-cut Teflon® seals into the
seal retainer in back of case just below the rear
case bushing, as shown in Figure 55.
6. Lubricate the two seals with a small amount of
7. Lube the seals on a new low/reverse molded
piston and install piston into case, as shown in
Figure 55 Figure 56
Copyright © 2004 ATSG
92 LOW/REVERSE CLUTCH RETURN SPRING SNAP RING
93 LOW/REVERSE CLUTCH RETURN SPRING ASSEMBLY
94 LOW/REVERSE CLUTCH PISTON
8. Install the low/reverse piston return spring, as
shown in Figure 56.
9. Compress the return spring with appropriate
spring compressor and install snap ring.
10. Ensure that snap ring is fully seated in the case
Continued on Page 44