Figure 170 Figure 171
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SERVICE GROUP
Technical Service Information
Copyright © 2004 ATSGCopyright © 2004 ATSG
46 INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH FRICTION PLATES
47 INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH STEEL PLATES
48 INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH BACKING PLATE
INTERNAL COMPONENTS (CONT'D)
14. Install the intermediate clutch backing plate, as
shown in Figure 170.
15. Install the intermediate clutch plates, as shown
in Figure 170, beginning with a friction plate
and alternating with steel plates until you have
installed 3 of each.
Note: Intermediate friction plates should be
soaked in Mercon SP® before installation.
Continued on Page 103
16. Install the pre-assembled center support into
case, as shown in Figure 171.
17. Loosely install new center support bolts.
18. Install the center support snap ring, as shown
in Figure 171, with the opening facing the
six o' clock position in the case..
Note: This snap ring is tapered and the flat
side faces downward towards center support.